Family Home Destroyed in Tragic Fire: Memories Up in Flames

Bimlesh Chand was informed that there was a house fire in his area, only to later discover that it was his own home. Thirteen years of memories rushed through his mind as he watched his house at Jittu Estate engulfed in flames.

Both Mr. Chand and his wife, Shalini Prasad, were devastated as they reminisced about the wonderful times they had spent there.

Mr. Chand’s cousin, Ashika Nand, 40, reported that her brother was the only person present when the fire began. She said, “My brother smelled smoke and got up to open the door to the middle room. When he opened it, he saw flames. There was an explosion from that room, which I believe was caused by the television.”

She added that her brother burned himself while trying to extinguish the fire. “In one part of the house my mom, dad, and my brother lived,” she said.

“In another room lives my cousin brother, his wife, and two kids while the third room is rented to a Fijian lady. I don’t know the value of this house because it has been in my family for generations. We have lived here since childhood, gradually moving out over time.”

Police officers and National Fire Authority officers were also at the scene.

Popular Categories

Latest News

Search the website