Family Home Engulfed in Devastating Fire: Memories Lost in Flames

Bimlesh Chand was informed that there was a house fire in his neighborhood, only to later discover it was his own home at Jittu Estate that was engulfed in flames. As he watched, thirteen years of memories flashed before his eyes.

Chand and his wife, Shalini Prasad, were deeply saddened as they remembered all the wonderful times they had spent there. Chand’s cousin, Ashika Nand, 40, said that her brother was the only person present when the fire started.

“My brother smelled smoke and got up to open the door to the middle room,” she said. “When he opened it, he saw flames. There was an explosion from that room, which I believe was caused by the television.”

Nand added that her brother sustained burns while attempting to extinguish the fire.

“In one part of the house my mom, dad, and my brother lived,” she explained. “In another room, my cousin and his wife and two kids lived, while the third room was rented to a Fijian lady. I don’t know the value of this house because it has been in my family for generations. We have lived here since childhood, gradually moving out over time.”

Police officers and National Fire Authority officers were also present at the scene.


Popular Categories

Latest News

Search the website